My Comics Sign

Recently, blogging buddy Michael May revealed that he was born under the sign of the Underwater Triceratops (of COURSE!). How? Thanks to the power of the Comics Time Machine, a search engine that throws up every comic published on any given month since 1935. I immediately checked what my own "sign" would be, but waited until my birth date to post it. Here's how I derived it (and how you can too). Input the month and year of your birth, this will throw up the comics cover-dated for your birth month. Choose your favorite or the one you find most appropriate to you (any criteria will do). This is your main Sign. Mine is the Giant Lois.Geeks born under this sign a prone to falling for strong women who could break them in half (otherwise known as She-Hulkophilia), but are generally unable to get them to reciprocate. Giant Loises are generally curious about the world around them and do not fear ridicule, so long as it is on their own terms.

Now, at the top of that page is a link to comics ON SALE during your birth month. Click that and make a second choice as you did the first. This is your ASCENDANT, a secondary sign that has a strong influence on you, especially during your upbringing. Mine is the Iron Maiden.
Geeks born with Iron Maiden ascendant are likely to feel trapped by their circumstance and yearn to escape them. Issues with parental figures (Grannies especially) abound, but once released from the home, Iron Maidens will more fully develop into their true Sign.

What are YOUR signs?

Comments

Michael Hoskin said…
I was born on the sign of the Magician With No Peripheral Vision. It indicates single-mindedness and schadenfreude.

In ascendence is the Skeleton Boxer, which indicates how one grapples with issues of aging.

Happy birthday!
mkhall said…
Happy birthday!

I was born under the sign of the Zebra Batman. Zebra Batmen are prone to moments of absurdity, generally to provide some cultural shock to a staid and static environment. This can be an intentional plan, a result of misunderstood motivations, or an accident which they turn to their advantage, but they seldom reveal their reasoning. Zebra Batmen often develop reputations as iconoclasts, as trouble-makers, or both. They also are strangely drawn to go-go checks, pseudo-science, and gorillas.

Swamp Monster ascendancy indicates a misunderstood nature and outsider place in society, even more so than is normal for geeks. Some Swamp Monsters seek to escape this status and integrate themselves into the world, while others revel in their separation from mundane reality. Those who do suppress their Swamp Monster traits and take a place among mundanes must remain constantly wary, less their true nature rise and result in a still more traumatic shunning. They also have a tendency toward slovenly personal grooming habits and a notable lack of organizational skills.
Jeff R. said…
My birthsign appears to be divided between Superman, You're Dead, Dead Dead and Supergirl: Murderess, Murderess, Murderess. Either way, morbidity and triplication appear to be involved.

Ascendent, however, is Batman and Sgt Rock: pure, glorious Haney-Madness.
Michael May said…
So cool! Now I have to find my ascendant sign as well!

Sorry I missed your birthday while I was offline. Hope it was excellent!
Siskoid said…
For me, not doing a single thing birthday-related is excellent, so yes, I think it was! Thanks!
MOCK! said…
I keep thinking my next comic book related purchases might be a copy of EVERYTHING published the month I was born....this link MIGHT just push the idea forward....
Siskoid said…
I hope you were born in the 90s. Those things should all be in the quarter bin.

Then again, there'd likely be A LOT of stuff. Never mind.
MOCK! said…
Unfortunately, I am slightly older than you. Fortunately, I already own the more expensive issues from the month....

Maybe I will just settle on my kids' birthdays...