Kung Fu Fridays in June

This month, we're hitting Kung Fu Fridays' 2nd anniversary. Can you believe it? Two whole years of showing Asian films in my living room almost every Friday (barring a holiday here and there). Can't quite believe it myself. And yet, there are still movies to see. June's crop:

The Flag of Iron - Chang Cheh and the Five Deadly Venoms do it again! I expect to see flags used as weapons, lots of gore, and quite possibly, accidental homoeroticism. That's their trademark, after all. Let's see some clans warring against each other... tonight!

Hana - Heading to Japan to celebrate the actual date of the anniversary (the first film ever presented was Heroes of the East, which featured a China vs. Japan/Shaolin vs. Ninja showdown). It's an unorthodox samurai story from five years ago whose trailer charmed me.

Yakuza Graveyard - A violent police thriller, a sweet cross-cultural romance, and some truly kinetic action shots... It won't be my first time seeing this film, and I hope my KFF gang will enjoy it as well.

The Brave Archer - Another Chang Cheh film this month? Why not. Fu Sheng plays the eponymous hero greeting us in this month's poster, a hero that returns in a series of Shaw Bros. films. You play your cards right, Archer, and I'll grab the sequels!

Comments