Aquaman Speaks on Superman's Difficult Relationship with Sealife

From: The desk of Aquaman
To: DC editorial offices

To whom it may concern,

I am sending this letter in care of Mr. Julius Schwartz in the hope that it gets into the right hands. I am writing in order to voice my concerns re: Superman, specifically since he's lost his marbles and started walking the length of the United States. One never knows how a hero will come out of something like that (my long hair period being a case in point). Not to sound like an egotist, but my incipient return to monthly (or near-monthly, let's be fair) publication drives me to insure its success, not for me, but for my supporting cast - Mera, the new Aqualad and Aquagirl, and hopefully Topo (you may read this as a request).

However, it has come to my attention that Superman's obsession with a certain mermaid in the 1960s has given him a strange take on marine life, one I would rather he not impose on my finny friends through this precarious time for my franchise.

As further evidence of what I am touching on, I am attaching a few pictures that illustrate my point.My finny friends appreciate neither his mistaking them for his wife, invitations to dance or being taken out of the water for a stroll.

I hope you will give my letter the weight it deserves.

Sincerely,

Arthur Curry
"Aquaman"
Atlantis, Atlantic Ocean

Comments

Jeff R. said…
Say, what is the status of Lori Lemaris post- Crisis, Zero, More Crises, Birthright, Secret Origin, and whatever other revisions there've been?
Siskoid said…
Lori was killed by the Spectre in Infinite Crisis, but it didn't wipe her from history, because she appears later in a flashback in Superman Confidential (#6-7).