Unlucky Number 13 Ate Today's Post

Not really. I just couldn't find time to write it until this very moment. And then I abandoned its original content.I guess that's a kind of bad luck, right?

I was just reading Hero Press where Acrobatic Flea was counting his 10 most recurring subjects. I thought I'd have the same look at my top 13 keywords...

1. Star Trek: Well duh. To keep myself honest and posting, I decided on the very first day to review one Trek story each day. No surprise there.

2. Comics: Again, I was pretty sure this would come in second. Not only does this blog talk about comics a lot, I've been doing an extra 6 comics a week because I've run out of Star Trek episodes.

3. Geekly Roundup: A weekly feature since th first week, "This Week in Geek" is the closest I've come to a diary, and real useful for preventing myself from reading the same book twice.

4. Batman: My first surprise. I wouldn't consider myself a big Batman buff, like Chris Sims, but I do read the various Batman comics. I guess that's translated into more than 100 posts. He's pretty ubiquitous as a character. Of course, more than half of those come from those few weeks when I was stripping Mike Barr's Outsiders comics of their dignity, one page at a time.

5. Rom: Between Spaceknight Saturdays and various Rom Weeks, he's gotten above the hundred mark. I think my silver friend will be well documented by the time I reach the SBG's Year 4.

6. Doctor Who: With more than a 100 posts, my current favorite SF franchise has gotten a lot of play. I also feel like these are among my most intelligent essays. Well, more intelligent than making Outsiders-related crotch jokes.

7. RPGs: We drop just under 100 posts for this one, a category boosted in the past year by my joining the RPG Bloggers Network. I've tried to make the articles interesting for people who don't play role-playing games, and yet useful to those who do. It's a hard line to walk judging by reader comments.

8. Movies: I'd like to do more film analysis on the SBG, and sometimes think up article content while watching something, but then I usually find I don't have the time to go through a film again for the proper evidence and screencaps. Of course, I do a lot of mini-reviews of films in my Geekly Roundups that are NOT included in the count, but I should still try to expand on them.

9. Outsiders: A category that should slip further and further down the list as time goes by, since the comic got its moment in the sun for a couple months and never really again. Except I've had sporadic requests to bring back the feature, so... you never know!

10. Friday Night Fights: With more than 50 posts, it completes the top 10 despite the fact I haven't participated in that meme in a looooooong time. It seems to have morphed into Kung Fu Fridays, which isn't an online thing. I'm expecting a reasonable crowd for Police Story 2 even as I write these words.

11. Holidays: A holiday is a great cue to do something special on your blog. I guess I'm a sucker for it. In fact, this post is a Holiday post. Happy Friday the 13th!

12. Superman: Less than half as represented as his World's Finest Friend, the Man of Steel still makes a reasonable showing.

13. Websites: Just under 50 posts in the last three years, many of these from Geekly Roundups back when I was stumbling on neat sites once a week, but Internet matters still appear on the 13 list. I think there may also be "posts about posting" in there*, so watch yourself.

As for "most Googled" subject matter, it appears to be "Sexy sexy She-Hulk". More than half a dozen searches a day, in fact. I get it, I just don't approve of it.

*Like, uhm, this one.

Comments

Austin Gorton said…
Except I've had sporadic requests to bring back the feature, so... you never know!

You mean there's people other than me requesting the return of "Outsiders"-mocking, or do my repeated requests simply count as "sproadic"? :)