Batman and the Outsiders #4: Pages 10-11

And now, a comedy bit starring the Batman:Hahaha! Ok, let's move on now.
Radioactive bad guy escapes. Has time to commit multiple crimes and for them to be reported in the newspaper. Batman doesn't take notice by himself. Police aren't notified. Prison warden brings in Batman. And they wonder why Gotham is such a cesspool.
So waiiiiit a minute! Meltdown ISN'T a new character? And he wasn't always Meltdown? Gee, that looks like Dr. Phosphorus! Let me check... no he's no Ned Creegan. Need... more... backstory...
Ok, so he's at once a Batman AND a Black Lightning legacy villain, now it's starting to come together. BL only really fought the 100, right? Ah! Got it. Thanks Wikipedia:

"Cyclotronic Man - Ned Creegan, accidentally subjected to an experimental "purple light ray". The ray made Creegan's skin transparent so that only his skeleton was visible, and charged him with electricity. Tried to eliminate both Black Lightning and Superman, but was defeated. In prison, [deleted spoilers]."

I never did trust purple.
Of course, Creegan never said anything about killing Batman. It's not a Mike Barr mistake. It's part of the plot.
Answer: In this instance, he used the door.
Later, at the all-night bowling alley...
Even later, at STAR Labs Gotham, even though the building is identical to STAR Labs New York...

But that's gonna have to wait for Boxing Day. Hopefully somebody throws a punch. Oh I'll be here tomorrow, don't worry, I don't really do anything on Christmas (filthy pagan...), but I have other posts planned. Yes, Christmas posts (filthy lapsed Catholic...).

Comments

Ami Angelwings said…
I dun think you know me, but I luff your blog and your Star Trek reviews and since you're on my blog roll I'm stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas and/or other great holidays of joyous happiness :)

*hugs*

<3 Teh Ami
Siskoid said…
Thanks Amy!

Actually, I check out your blog all the time!