Because Nobody's Doing It: All Saints Post

While all the blogmonkeys were doing Halloween posts all week/all month, Siskoid was trapped in his own horrible corner of the multiverse - namely, Batman and the Outsiders. The horror... the horror...

Truth is, I just couldn't compete with all bog monsters, skeletons and scarecrows populating the blogosphere, so I didn't try (how do you compete with THIS, for example?). But you know what day it is?That's right! All Saints Day!

But what is a Saint, and can you become one? Sure, there's the Vatican's definition, including the number of miracles you must performed (VERIFIED miracles, so you have to be public about it, which teaches us nothing about humility, but anyway), etc., but there's no way we can become one of those (you also have to be dead). Maybe if I turn to comic book companies for enlightenment. They've never steered me wrong before.

Marvel:
Marvel makes All Saints Day more terrifying than Halloween. No thanks.

DC:
DC takes an inclusive approach, ready to give anything and everything a patron saint. That's good for me, because I'm sure a number of sainthoods aren't taken yet. Patron saint of Cardassian justice. I like it.

Image:
No help there. I'm pretty sure Angels are de facto saints, but Image feels the need to confirm it with that title. Judging from the costume, this girl really needs the reinforcement.

Maybe I should just go with the very first Saint I ever encountered:
Ah yes. As a child the television show's animated stick figure opening really struck a chord, and most of my imaginary friends were stick figures after that. So much easier to imagine! To become this kind of Saint, you just have to be a master of disguise and gentleman thief with a heart of gold. I'm ¾ of the way there!

Now all I need is a heart of gold...

Comments