Improv of Two Worlds!

This weekend, I won't be posting much (by that I mean I won't post on Saturday) because I'm going to the University Improv Cup in Trois-Rivières, Qc. I go pretty much every year, often as an official, sometimes as a coach. And every year, it's fun and/or frustrating to compare and contrast improv as played by different universities or provinces. See, not all multiverses have to be about superheroes...This is my OWN take on the Flash of Two Worlds cover (though obviously traced over the Son of Ambush Bug pastiche) from a mini-comic I made over 10 years ago. It shows a player from Earth-R, where improv is all laughs and giggles (much like Who's Line Is It Anyway?) and one from Earth-V (where improv is much more theatrical, serious and experimental). In the center position? Lil' ol' me, squarely in the middle, wanting both styles to co-exist.

 

These days, Earth-R is Ontario, Earth-V is Quebec, and I'm New Brunswick. An over-simplification, of course, but after this weekend, ONLY ONE EARTH WILL LIVE!!!!

 

I'm kidding... Go multiverse, go!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brilliant... Just damn brilliant.

LOVE IT!!!

AG! Comics should make a comeback.